A multidisciplinary, interactive learning experience for incorporating genetic testing into the practice of nephrology.
Following the program, all registrants will have access to lecture video recordings for ONE month.
1. Recognize familiar with the different types of genetic results through case examples.
2. Describe and differentiate between diagnostic and secondary findings, mendelian and risk variants.
3. Understand the scientific causes of the evolving interpretation of genetic test results.
4. Explain the importance of cascade screening.
5. Know when and how to use genetic testing and results in kidney transplantation and pre-implantation pregnancy planning.
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Columbia University. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation Statement
Amedco LLC designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PAs may claim a maximum of 8.0 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) recognizes the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as approved accreditors and allow reciprocity for AANPCP continuing education credit. Maximum of 8.0 hours.
No records found.