Description: This class is designed to provide the necessary training and certification for individuals seeking to become a Certified Restorative Nursing Aide in a long term care facility. The course includes two and one half days of classroom instruction followed by one half day of return skill demonstration.
Who should attend? Experienced Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) interested in becoming a Certified Restorative Nurse Aide and developing a more comprehensive, structured and quality Restorative Nursing Program in their long term care facility.
Continuing Education Units: Continuing Education Units are not offered for the Restorative Aide Certification. A Certified Restorative Aide certificate, however, will be given to all participants who receive a passing score on both written exam and return skills demonstration exam at the conclusion of the course.
• CNA in good standing with OLTC with at least 6 months experience working as a CNA in a long term care facility
• At least 18 years old
• Pay full tuition before class begins
• Attend all scheduled classes
• Receive Passing score on both written exam and return skills demonstration exam
Course Objectives Include:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills gained from written, audio, visual and demonstration presentations by instructors to become a Certified Restorative Nurse Aide
- Identify how an effective Restorative Nursing Program affects quality of care and quality of life for residents in long term care facilities
- Verbalize understanding of the elements to a quality Restorative Nursing Program
- Identify areas to improve upon or expend upon in the facility’s current Restorative Nursing Program
- Demonstrate common Restorative Nursing Care modalities through skills demonstration
Registration closes 5/12/2020 at 12pm
For AHCA members please select INVOICE when registering for this session. For non-members please select CREDIT CARD and process payment for this session. There is a 5% credit card processing fee for all credit card transactions. Please contact email@example.com if you're a non-member and want to pay for the class by check to avoid credit card processing fees. If you pay by check, do not include the "fee" listed below subtotal - this is for credit card processing only.
No refunds will be made for this session. The one exception is if surveyors are in the building.