NYSSPE has partnered with Sem-Train, LLC - New York State Approved Sponsor
Cost: Free to NYSSPE Members / $45 Non-Members
This course caters to Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers, Energy Professionals, and others who are interested in an overview of renewable energy. The course highlights the fourpillar approach or perspective on formulation of business entities’ energy vision and how renewable energy fits, within. Information in this short seminar sets the tone for better comparison of non-renewable sources of energy with proven renewable energy alternatives. Importance of the concept of most direct application of renewable source to the final energy demand point is highlighted. This seminar focuses mostly on the more proven and mainstream renewable energy topics. Current footprint and relative cost differences between some of the major renewable energy systems are examined, briefly. The overview of renewable energy is illustrated by diagrams, schematics, and pictures.
Learning Objectives - Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• See the role of renewable energy within the four-pillar energy vision.
• Recognize renewable energy systems that leverage direct application of renewable energy sources to the point of use, thus maximizing the efficiency and net benefit of renewable energy systems.
• Understand technical strengths and weaknesses of major renewable energy technologies like: hydroelectric, tidal, wave, wind, geothermal, solar heat, solar light, solar PV, solar chimney and biomass.
• Follow progress on some of the major, more recent, notable renewable projects in the world.
• Identify some of the more unbiased and reliable technical and commercial information sources in the renewable energy arena; thus, staying abreast of progress and current data in the renewable energy realm, beyond this seminar.
Speakers Bio: Professor Bobby Rauf, P.E, C.E.M, MBA
Professor Bobby Rauf is the President, Chief Consultant and a Senior Instructor at Sem-Train, LLC. Bobby has over 25 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and post graduate Engineering, Science, Math, Business Administration and MBA courses, seminars and workshops. Prof. Rauf is registered (PE) Professional Engineer, in the States of Virginia, North Carolina, and Wyoming, a Certified Energy Manager and a Certified Ergonomist.
Pro. Rauf was inducted as "Legend in Energy" by AEE, in 2014. He is a published author of multiple engineering and energy books, and professional Development courses. He holds patents in process controls technology.