SLINGERLAND INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSIONS - 2020
Slingerland Individual Coaching Sessions are designed to provide individual support for participants from any Slingerland class.
- To provide individual support for teachers who have completed any Slingerland class in a variety of areas:
- Implementation questions
- Procedural questions
- Certification support
- Integration of existing curriculum materials
- To use effective time management to maximize student learning
- To plan the sequence for instruction through the school year
- Student assessment
- To extend the Practicum Class, if needed, for individuals in the Certification process (following Practicum Classes Introductory or Continuum levels)
- 1.5 hours of individual contact time with a Slingerland Instructor.
- Session to be completed within a one-month timeframe
- Phone, web-based coaching, or in-person platforms available
- Instructor will provide the following based on individual needs:
- Initial meeting to discuss needs and goals
- Review of video submission, lesson plans, or specific questions
- Phone, video-conference or in-person concluding conference
- Scheduled at the convenience of the individual and Instructor
- No written evaluation will be provided
- No class credit or CEU’s available
Participants will work with the assigned instructor to develop a schedule and coaching goals.
The Individual Coaching Sessions are designed to provide individual support for participants from any Slingerland class. There are two levels of coaching sessions.
- The first level is for anyone seeking additional support and NOT currently pursuing or interested in certification.
- The second level is for those individuals on the track to becoming a Certified Slingerland Teacher that need additional support over and above the Extended Practicum Classes.
Please select the appropriate level on the Registration Options page.
Non-discrimination Policy: Slingerland® Institute for Literacy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.
Credit Card Service Charge: A 3% service charge is added to all registrations paid by credit card; check payments may show the service fee but please deduct that amount when submitting your check.