NYSSPE has partnered with Sem-Train, LLC - New York State Approved Sponsor
Cost: $325 Members / $350 Non-Members
This course caters to Plant Engineers, Professional Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Facilities Managers, Architects and other Professionals who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and exposure to a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines involved in maintenance and facilities management of modern industrial and commercial facilities. This course shares some proven and effective plant maintenance engineering best practices that are learned through experience and are not an explicit component of engineering curricula.
This seminar introduces the participants to computer-based maintenance work order systems, their core functions/features and their pros and cons. For those professionals who are experienced in the industrial and commercial technology, this course provides an opportunity to refresh and expand their knowledge on making “repair versus replace” decisions on capital intensive plant equipment; real yet obscure costs of energy and other vital utilities; preventive maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment, vibration testing and predictive maintenance; increasing MTBF, mean time between failures, on HVAC and other plant equipment; maintenance troubleshooting and problem solving. Participants are refreshed on and introduced to fundamental electrical terms and principles, followed by a virtual tour of electrical equipment found commonly in industrial plants and commercial facilities. Attendees are reminded of importance of workplace safety and introduced to common electrical and electronic safety equipment.
Topics to be covered
• Maintenance Engineering and Management
• Fundamentals of Electricity. Electrical and Control Systems
• Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
• Preventive and Predictive Maintenance, and Cost Savings Opportunities
• Energy Management and Conservation.
• Safety in Industrial Environment
• Plant Project Engineering and Management
• Life Cycle Cost and Economic Justification of Capital Projects
Learning Objectives & Take-Aways
10. You will get answers to your plant maintenance, facilities management, and plant engineering related questions.