LIVESTREAMING ONLY IN 2021
Update in Gastroenterology & Nutrition
is a one-day review course that focuses on important recent
developments and current controversies in gastrointestinal and liver
disease, gastrointestinal cancers, endoscopy and abdominal organ
transplantation. The format will consist of succinct presentations and
extensive discussion with audience participation. During the luncheon
session, participants will have an opportunity for in-depth discussions
with faculty on specific topics of their choosing.
program is targeted toward a nationwide audience of
gastroenterologists, internists, medical oncologists, nutritionists and
surgeons. Topics to be covered will include, among others, challenges in
GI disease related to anatomical structure and function; approaches to
the diagnosis and treatment of IBS and IBD; an update in treating
gastrointestinal malignancies; advances in GI and advanced hepatobiliary
endoscopy, and the latest state-of-the-art developments in treating
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Describe new pharmacotherapy in
the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including treating Crohn’s
disease and ulcerative colitis, and enhanced surgical treatments for
- Improve the ability to monitor and both optimize and personalize the dosing of anti-TNF agents.
- Gain insight and understanding of the role and appropriate use of use anti-integrin therapy.
- Describe the safety profile of various therapeutics in treating IBD in the pregnant patient.
- Discuss the role of new therapies for hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Describe new developments in the treatment of C. difficile colitis.
- Recognize the utility of pharmacologic and endoscopic therapies for reflux disease and Barrett’s esophagus.
- Gain insight on the endoscopic management of esophageal cancer.
- Describe the role of endoscopic mucosal dissection and endoscopic surgery and STER for treating early GI malignancies.
- Determine appropriate candidates for ablation of Barrett’s esophagus.
- Understand the role of new endoscopic techniques such as POEM for treating achalasia.
- Describe the role of therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound in clinical practice.
- Understand the potential role for probiotics in the management of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Learn novel endoscopic techniques for improving care of patients with complicated hepatobiliary diseases and pancreatitis.
- Recognize the clinical utility of endoscopic techniques for managing pancreatic fluid collections.
- Describe the current treatment options for chronic pancreatitis
- Improve understanding of how to evaluate and treat patients with upper gastrointestinal motility and functional bowel disorders.
- Learn optimal dosing strategies for
colonoscopy bowel preparation so as to improve adenoma detection and
colon cancer prevention.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Columbia University. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation Statement
Amedco LLC designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of x.xx AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.