Developing Social/Emotional Intelligence – A Coaching Approach for Leading Well in Complex Times (Beachcomber)
We live in a world of increasing complexity which we must be able to navigate well. Effective leadership starts with oneself and then extends to include and engage others. Emotioinal intelligence facilitates this process.
Well-established, reactive mindsets are insufficient to connect well with others, let alone understand and respond effectively to complex contexts.
Self-awareness provides access to the data we need to regulate our own behaviors if we choose. If we can shift to a self-authoring, creative mindset, we can develop our ability to design our own behaviors and better appreciate others’ perspectives. This, in turn, enables achievement, collaboration and powerful working relationships.
Research tells us that these shifts are positively correlated to leadership effectiveness and business performance. Discover what shifts are needed, the social/emotional competencies that are critical (for example, self-control, empathy, influence), and what can be done, by us and our organizations, to accelerate them.
1. State rationale for accelerating leadership development.
2. Identify social/emotional competencies that enable effective leadership.
3. Identify social/emotional competencies that enable effective collaboration.
4. Identify coaching factors that enable accelerated leadership development.
5. Identify how to identify social/emotional competencies that can develop leadership and collaboration.