(138) The Anatomy of Your Anonymity: How Your Personal Information Gets in Everyone's Hands and What You Can Do About It (1 Time Only)
Following recent worldwide events such as the roll out of GDPR in Europe and the massive exposure of the Cambridge Analytica scandal, everyday people are starting to notice the massive commodity that is our personal data. But how does our PII (Personally Identifiable Information) move around, and what impact does it have on our privacy. This session will separate fact from fiction as it identifies how information is collected, how much is it worth, and how can people try to get some of their privacy back.
After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to:
- Understand how businesses receive, aggregate and share your personal information
- Identify the role of data brokers in the movement of your PII
- Understand the privacy vs convenience conundrum
- Use their own & external resources to better understand where their information is, and if they can prevent it from being used