Android Automotive SIG #2 Audio HAL
Wednesday, 9:00 am (CET), 1:00 am (PDT), 4:00 am (EDT), 5:00 pm (KST), 1:30 pm (IST)
Pre-recorded Session with Live Q&A
This introduction presents the Audio-HAL sub-project of the Android Automotive SIG
9:00 AM - 9:30 AMWed
Introduction and status for Audio HAL work in Android Automotive SIG.
The Android Automotive SIG project in GENIVI provides OEMs, their suppliers and the software ecosystem with another forum to discuss requirements,
and identify gaps. The results can provide an aligned, community voice for discussion with the main Android Automotive development team and the AOSP.
The Audio HAL subproject evaluates and discusses improvments for the currently available and future planned capabilities in Android Automotive for designing complex in-car audio systems.
- Multi-channel and multi-zone audio solutions
- Offboarding audio processing to co-processors, and to external systems
- Extracting raw audio source streams from Android, for external management
- Design of systems that include safety-critical audio features
- Evaluating the capability of the Android system to act as the audio master for the entire system.
This introduction presents the Audio-HAL sub-project of the Android Automotive SIG, progress so far, and a demonstration of some proof-of-concept implementations made to evaluate proposed solutions.