We Energies provides electric and/or natural gas service to customers in Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We’re creating a bright, sustainable future while providing the affordable, reliable and clean energy our customers depend on.
This session will be held in Zoom. Looking for a call-in number? Check your most recent conference confirmation email.
Additional social time (following the presentation) will be held in a “Wonder Room.” A few key Wonder details:
- Wonder is designed for use on desktop and laptop computers (no mobile devices, tablets).
- Wonder must be used on Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. (If your default browser is something else, copy and paste the URL in the window that automatically opens up in your default browser and paste it into Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.)
- Wonder can be accessed without a camera (however, you will need a microphone).
- You'll want to close out of Zoom or other video conferencing software before joining (so your camera and mic are available to Wonder).
- For more information about Wonder: https://tinyurl.com/WWAWonderRoom .
Wisconsin is one of the few places in the world historically blessed with a relative abundance of Manoomin, or wild rice. This incredibly giving plant holds tremendous cultural and ecological significance yet is facing growing challenges (and challenges growing) over her limited range here in the Badger state. Over the last 35 years, Manoomin has been patiently trying to teach GLIFWC Biologist Peter David about the challenges she faces surviving on the contemporary landscape while sharing some lessons on life that she has accrued over centuries of gracing our rivers and lakes. Peter will present an overview of the ecology of Manoomin and her cultural and ecological significance. He will also share a few lessons he believes wild rice is trying to share with us all, gleaned over his career spent coming together with Manoomin.
The program will start at 6:30 pm. Bring your own banquet!
Sponsored by We Energies Foundation