Technical Committee Trilateral Negotiation on GERD
Webinar lead questions
1. What are the root causes of the conflict over the GERD?
2. What approaches have been used by the three riparian countries (Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan) to solve the conflict?
3. What has been the role of third parties in the mediation efforts?
4. What needs to be done to find a win-win outcome for all parties over the GERD?
1. Measures Taken by Ethiopia and Technical Aspects of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam: Drivers of Cooperation
2. Sudan’s role in finding a lasting solution over the GERD.
3. African Union’s Role in the GERD Negotiations: Challenges and Prospects
4. The Trilateral GERD Negotiations and its NEXUS with Transboundary Water Injustice and New-Power Geometry in the Blue Nile Sub-Basin
5. Securitization of Cooperative Framework Agreement (CFA) and Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD): Dialectical Positions between Upstream and Downstream Riparian Countries
6. Exploring Opportunities of Cooperation on the Renaissance Dam Based on Transboundary Conflict-Benefit Analysis
7. Alleviating Nile water conflict through energy trade agreements
Caretakers: Callist, Ahmed Khalid, Fekahmed
Total duration: 130 mins