Fire sprinkler systems & standpipe systems are installed in stages and inspections are typically required at various stages during construction. Codes typically require periodic on-site inspections as construction progresses.
8:30 AM - 5:00 PMWed
Canadian Automatic Sprinkler Association
PURPOSE- This one-day seminar provides attendees with vital information on how to conduct field inspections & final inspections for fire sprinkler & standpipe systems. Fire sprinkler systems & standpipe systems are installed in stages and inspections are typically required at various stages before proceeding to the next stage. Codes typically require periodic on-site inspections as construction progresses to ensure installations are being performed according to approved construction documents. This work typically requires inspection & are allowed to be covered, and/or before the system is commissioned. This course is designed to familiarize the attendee with the visual & physical inspection requirements of typical codes and standards.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Code Officials
• Design Professionals Architects/Engineers
• Building Owners/Managers
• Insurance Representatives
Each attendee will receive an email with CASA seminar workbook material.
Each attendee should bring their own copy of NFPA 13 LEARNING OBJECTIVES-
• Discuss the relationship various codes & standards have with the plan reviewer, field inspector & commissioner of the system.
• Compare the actual installation with the approved construction drawings for compliance with appropriate codes & standards.
• Explain the duties of the inspector during on-site inspections of the installed systems
• Employ contemporary techniques of field inspections.
• Understand the various stages involved in the installation of systems and the need to correlate & interact with contractors, other inspectors & the authorities having jurisdiction.