Anyone working in the healthcare sector can tell you a story about their experience with burnout. Burnout can also be a familiar term patients are grappling with. In these never ending pandemic times, it is just as important to check in with patients in order to help them reach the health goals that are achievable to them. In this session, we will examine patient case studies to gather insight into the patient’s perspective and discuss approaches to work with our patients to achieve goals.
1. Identify what burnout looks like
2. Identify barriers that could be impacting parent participation due to burnout during difficult times
3. Identify reason for lack of parent follow through
4. Learn strategies for goal creation for parents (appropriate number of goals, level of intensity,
developing manageable and achievable goals, etc.)
5. Learn strategies to increase parent participation who are encountering burnout