Getting Fat and Sassy with Edibles and Consumption Lounges
With $20.5 billion in 2022 global sales, cannabis-infused food products is the market’s fastest growing segment.
2:30 PM - 3:15 PMTue
With $20.5 billion in 2022 global sales, cannabis-infused food products is the market’s fastest growing segment. Currently legal in 10 states, cannabis Lounges mirror Amsterdam’s “coffee shops” in providing safe spaces for cannabis consumption and offering an array of infused products. At this fun, informative and interactive session, learn:
1. Which states permit consumption lounges and infused food and beverage sales;
2. How “shelf stability” and “bacterial or toxigenic growth” concerns limit “potentially hazardous cannabis-infused foods” commercial sale;
3. How Alaska’s allowance of “infused dairy butters, oils and fats” vending clears the way for a broader infused-product offerings and more consumer-driven market;
4. What obstacles exist to lounges’ simultaneous Alcohol and Cannabis sale; and
5. Why “snack products” are poised to dominate the infused consumable market.