10:45 AM - 10:50 AM Thu
Health Literacy Certificate Program
1:30 PM - 2:10 PM Thu
Telehealth: Friend or Foe to Health Access
3:15 PM - 4:15 PM Thu
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Fri
Michael Villaire, MSLM, is President and CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Advancement, a healthcare nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to empowering people to better health, with a major mission emphasis on health literacy and health equity.
Mr. Villaire has written numerous articles on various aspects of health literacy, and lectures nationally on health literacy. He is co-author of the textbook, Health Literacy in Primary Care- A Clinicians Guide, published by Springer in 2007, and the self-help health book, What To Do When Your Child Is Heavy, published by IHA in 2009.
As its CEO, Mr. Villaire leads IHAs health literacy initiatives:
- The IHA Health Literacy Solutions Center
- The Health Literacy Specialist Certificate Program
- Two national, annual, continuing education conferences: Operational Solutions to Improve Health Literacy, and the co-sponsored Health Literacy in Action conference
- IHAs self-help health book series, What To Do For Health, and the micro-pub series on mental health, and one on managing chronic illnesses
- Health Literacy Research and Practice, an online, peer-reviewed, open access journal in health literacy.