New York State Land Use: Competing priorities
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Thu
Kenneth Kearney is the founder and president of The Kearney Realty & Development Group, a diversified real estate development and property management firm based in Carmel, New York.
Mr. Kearney’s thirty years in real estate development includes many accomplishments of completed and successful projects located throughout the Hudson Valley in New York State. To date KRDG has built commercial and residential projects valued at more than $500 million and is currently involved with several projects at various stages of development.
Known by friends and associates as “a businessman with a big heart,” Mr. Kearney brings experience, tenacity, a strong work ethic, and solid professional relationships to any project he undertakes. He has been recognized by many for achievements in developing successful projects.
KRDG has been recognized as a regional leader in its field for both innovation and quality. In 2014, KRDG committed to requiring all future buildings be LEED certified. Since 2002, The KRDG has successfully developed over 1800 units in the Hudson Valley region that include senior, workforce, veteran, supportive, market-rate, middle income, and artist housing.
Some notable and successful projects include:
• Mews I and Mews 2 at Baldwin Place, the first affordable senior housing apartment complex built in Somers, NY.
• West End Lofts Project in the City of Beacon consists of 71 mixed income artist housing units next to City Hall is an affordable artist housing.
• West End Lofts II, also located in Beacon NY, 25 market rate apartments.
• Queen City Lofts, located in Poughkeepsie, NY, awardee of the NYSAFH Project of the Year award in 2019, also a mixed-use project contains 69 two-story loft style affordable artist housing.
• Lofts on Main, located in the heart of the City of Peekskill’s Artist District consisting of two buildings containing 74 loft style affordable artist housing. Lofts on Main is a mixed-use complex consisting of both residential and commercial.
• Crossroads at Baldwin Place, located in Somers, NY contains 64 units which includes senior and workforce housing.
• The Mews at Hopewell Junction in Hopewell Junction NY, the first workforce housing project in East Fishkill
• Pendell Commons Project in the Town of Poughkeepsie, NY a senior and workforce housing complex
• Red Hook Commons Project in Red Hook, NY which included senior housing, commercial and market rate development on a brownfield site that was previously abandoned and contaminated.
• Wynwood Oaks Development Project in the Town of Yorktown, an 80-unit affordable senior housing apartment complex
• Hidden Meadow Project in the Town of Somers, NY is under development for 40-market for sale townhomes and 8-affordable for sale townhomes.
• The Hamlet at Carmel, the first workforce housing project in Putnam County will consist of 75 units.
• The Woods at Pawling, consists of 80 units and is the first workforce housing complex in the Town of Pawling
In Kenneth’s free time he is a board member on two non-for-profit organizations, Patterns for Progress and Putnam Hospital. Kenneth and his family are involved in numerous philanthropic ventures in the areas in which he works. A native of Mahopac, Kenneth and his wife Jean, continue to reside there.