Cybersecurity Roadmap: Navigating the Current Threat Environment
May 06, 2021 10:40 AM - 11:20 AM
Scott is a partner with N1 Discovery and has over 28 years of experience in digital forensics, eDiscovery, and IT security and risk management. He is nationally recognized and specializes in sophisticated and complex technology investigations. He has consulted for Fortune 500 companies and major financial institutions on data breaches, incident response, IT security controls, data encryption, IT strategic planning, and policy development. He has assisted companies regarding compliance with data security standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, and PCI. Scott is a subject matter expert in digital forensics and eDiscovery, and has worked with corporations, law firms, and law enforcement agencies on a variety of civil and criminal cases. Scott has proved expert witness testimony in several legal cases in both Federal and State courts.
Previously, Scott worked as Director of Technology Risk Management for a global firm, Data Processing Manager for a large financial institution, and Software Architect for one of the Big Three automakers where he developed enterprise software. Subsequent to this, as president of a private technology and software company, he provided expertise to Visa USA, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the U.S. Secret Service.
Education, Certification & Professional Organizations
• Computer Information Science; Oakland University
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Concordance Evolution Certified Administrator (EVCA)
• Certified Internal Quality Assessment & Validation (QAR)
• Dale Carnegie Relationship Management Certification
• Member of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
• EnCase Intermediate Analysis and Reporting Law Enforcement Training
• Board of Directors, Lakes Community Credit Union