The 17th International Conference on Pediatric Mechanical Circulatory Support & Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Perfusion
May 11 - 12, 2023  ·  Vivian and Seymour Milstein Family Heart Center

OVERVIEW

Mechanical Support in congenital heart disease (CHD) is becoming standard of care, with 20% - 30% of children bridged to transplant with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), ventricular assist devices (VAD) or a combination of both.  In referral hospitals, this number approaches 50%.  Particularly challenging are single ventricles (SV) in terms of their varying combinations of anatomy and physiology, multiple surgeries and co-morbidities, as well as their smaller size.  This conference focuses on bringing together experts in the field to discuss innovations, foster collaboration and share support strategies, so that as a commnity we can enhance the care of this challening group of patients.

TARGET AUDIENCE

An international symposium for cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiologists, perfusionists, ECMO specialists, bioengineers, basic scientists, trainees, APPs, RN's and other healthcare professionals.  This meeting will give attendees the opportunity to network with over 200 healthcare providers.  The overall objective of the conference is to collaborate and discuss effective ways to bring mechanical support strategies for complex CHD patients to the bedside, as well as how best to manage the therapies once they are instituted.  There will also be a focus on the deeper understanding of complications, interventions that are available and ways to enhance the comfort level of clinicians taking care of these patients.  

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & YOUNG INVESTIGATOR'S AWARDS

February 20, 2023:  abstract submission (online) begins
March 20, 2023:  Deadline for abstract submission
March 27, 2023:  Notification of accepted abstract
April 17, 2023:  Final day for applications being considered for Young Investigator's Awards.

Click here for Abstract Submission Guidelines

ACCREDITATION STATEMENT

Accredition pending.


Agenda
Thursday, May 11
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Speakers

No records found.

LOCATION
Vivian and Seymour Milstein Family Heart Center, 173 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032
Map
Location: Vivian and Seymour Milstein Family Heart Center, 173 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032
Abstract Submission


Guidelines for abstract submissions and young investigator awards.
Click Here for Abstract Guidelines


Faculty Disclosure Form for Abstract Submission
Click Here for Faculty Disclosure Form