Participants will gain knowledge of the Early Numeracy Program that is designed for students with significant cognitive disabilities. Early Numeracy is a replacement math curriculum researched and designed to help students with intellectual disabilities develop basic number sense concepts.
- Counting with 1:1 correspondence;
- Counting movable and non-movable objects;
- Identifying and naming numerals 1 to 10;
- Rote counting to 20;
- Creating and adding sets to 10;
- Comparing sets for =, > and <; Identifying symbols =,>,<;
- Recognizing, extending and creating ABAB patterns;
- Measuring using a calendar;
- Measuring with nonstandard units;
- Measuring with standard units.