GENIVI has invited the automotive industry, including multiple consortia and standards bodies, under the umbrella of a Common Vehicle Interface Initiative.
GENIVI has invited the automotive industry, including multiple consortia and standards bodies, under the umbrella of a Common Vehicle Interface Initiative to progress our shared goal of finally putting the common vehicle data standard in place, and more recently to extend that with an equal approach for services and vehicle functions.
Scopes of the very comprehensive CVII idea include:
1. Vehicle data exchange of almost all types inside and outside the vehicle
2. The vehicle-cloud interface (remotely accessible functions on the vehicle)
3. The in-vehicle decomposition of systems (interfaces between software components, ECUs, or other subsystem boundaries)
In addition to this, the cloud-processing reference architecture may need similar approaches.
- OEM-roundtables have been held. Positive responses have been received when reaching out with the idea of a common data model, and to progress interface definitions, standards and interoperability.
- Now is the time to start defining, organizing and doing the work.
Introduction and review.
This will recapitulate the main ideas of the Initiative to new audiences that have not been part of early preparation, including:
- Definition of terms : VSS, VSC, W3C-Gen2, Model & Catalog, Technology Stack
- Models and standard catalogs - independently useful, and synergistic together
- Current state of deliverables and agreements
- The potentially huge impact of standardizing both data and services descriptions
- Presenting the Release of the VSS2 model and catalog (presentation, Daniel Wilms BMW).
- Introducing the results of scoping so far with the main driving OEMs and other stakeholders.
- Current status of aligning the industry towards a single standard for Vehicle Data
- Workshop: Setting the stage, Q&A from new participants, clarifications
After some introduction and presentations we will start the discussion and workshop.
Come prepared to participate!