Regulatory compliance in healthcare is a complex, ever-changing industry. Regulatory change means constant vigilance is necessary to prevent serious vulnerabilities that will lead to costly penalties and fines. During this presentation, we will discuss the top 10 compliance topics that you need to consider in your organization to assure adherence to requirements and government standards.
1. Security Risk Analysis (SRA)—Including an Insufficient EMR or Checklist
2. Cybersecurity and Social Media
3. Right of Access Initiative not Being Followed
4. Exclusion Screening not Being Performed Correctly, or at All!
5. Failing to Have Implemented Auditing and Monitoring in Place
6. Mobile Devices—Including Lack of Security and Control Over Text Messaging
7. Missing Mechanisms in Place for Employee and Patient Complaints
8. Failing to Implement Regular and Effective Education and Training Programs
9. Not Tracking or Reporting Suspected Breaches and/or Other Incidents
10. Compliance Program Deficiencies and/or Findings not Being Communicated or Corrected
Compliance doesn't need to be a burden, we will show how organizations can have a correct implementation and adherence to standards that will benefit your practice.