Washington APCO/NENA 911 (Winter) Spring Virtual Forum
Classes and events begin February 9 and end early-April.
Registration Types and Costs:
Al-a-carte: $50.00 per webinar. 1 person, certificate issued. No access to recordings.
Individual: $200.00 or 150 credits. Access to all live webinars for 1 person, certificate issued. Limited access to session recordings*.
Agency: $400 or 300 credits. Priority access for up to 10 agency attendees per webinar, certificate issued. Additional attendees as space allows. Unlimited access to session recordings*.
Invoices will be emailed. We will not be accepting credit card payments via the registration portal for this event.
12 to 16 hours of training, including:
· Feb. 9 (1000-1200)- NG911 GIS and the transition to Geospatial Routing for 911 Managers presented by Jason Guthrie and Lynn Palmer (WA911 GIS Subcommittee)
· Feb 16 (1000-1200)- COOP Planning, Remote/Backup technical developments and using Rapid SOS tools during a 911 outage. Presented by Katie Myers, Kurt Mills, Richard Kirton and Adam Wasserman.
· Feb 22 (1000-1130*)- “Built for the Storm.” A discussion about resiliency Presented by De Hicks, PHD. An optional Q&A session may extend beyond 1130.
· March 9 (1300-1500)- Operating with a Positive Attitude presented by Julie Buck
· March 17 (1300-1500)- 911 Coordinator’s Meeting
· March 25 (1300-1500)- Is Your Radio System Being Properly Maintained? Best Practices, Standards and Tools for 911 managers. Presented by Joe Blaschka
- March 30 (1300-1400)- What all employees need to know about Public Records - presented by Cassie Salwey and Jeff Moline
- April 9 (1500-TBD)- Chapter Meeting and Social
Tentative- one more session TBD the week of March 29.
BONUS Session Sponsored by Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA)
Title: Racial Equity and 911 Communications – An
Presenters: BDS Planning, Jackie St. Lewis, and Valley Communications
Date: Wednesday April 21
Time: 9:00 – Noon (with break)
Fee: This session is FREE to WCIA Members and Washington 911 Offices/PSAPS who have registered for the WA APCO NENA 911 Spring or Summer Forum. $50.00 for all others. Register here using the a la carte option, or directly through zoom at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UdrDURW8SiS6ss1DsRr9tA
If you have a suggestion for a training class, need more information or are a Washington Chapter member or Washington PSAP employee and need a scholarship application email email@example.com
We're in the process of planning our summer and fall events.
It looks like the summer forum will be virtual with sessions starting mid to late April and running through the end of June.
Possible Topics include:
· PGAC Training (Presented by Keith Flewelling and Scott Sigmon
· One or two classes sponsored by WCIA.
· Public Records training presented by Cassie Salwey and Jeff Moline
· Either “Radio Site Development” or “Impacts of Noise Floor changes on VHF Radio Systems” presented by Joe Blaschka.
· Remote 911: Technical Lessons Learned from Kitsap 911’s Deployment of Work from Home Solutions.
· Awards Committee presentation.
· Director’s Meeting.
· 1-2 more Coordinator’s Meetings.
· Chapter Meeting and Social Event
If you would like to present at any of our events the call for papers can be found at www.waapconena.org
if you would like to suggest a topic or need more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org