Description: This class is designed to provide the necessary training and certification for individuals seeking to become a Certified Restorative Nursing Aide in a long term care facility. The course includes 1 1/2 days of classroom instruction followed by one half day of return skill demonstration.
Who should attend? Experienced Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) interested in becoming a Certified Restorative Nurse Aide and developing a more comprehensive, structured and quality Restorative Nursing Program in their long term care facility.
Continuing Education Units: Continuing Education Units are not offered for the Restorative Aide Certification. A Certified Restorative Aide certificate, however, will be given to all participants who receive a passing score on both written exam and return skills demonstration exam at the conclusion of the course.
• CNA in good standing with OLTC with at least 6 months experience working as a CNA in a long term care facility
• At least 18 years old
• Pay full tuition before class begins
• Attend all scheduled classes
• Receive Passing score on both written exam and return skills demonstration exam
Course Objectives Include:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills gained from written, audio, visual and demonstration presentations by instructors to become a Certified Restorative Nurse Aide
- Identify how an effective Restorative Nursing Program affects quality of care and quality of life for residents in long term care facilities
- Verbalize understanding of the elements to a quality Restorative Nursing Program
- Identify areas to improve upon or expend upon in the facility’s current Restorative Nursing Program
- Demonstrate common Restorative Nursing Care modalities through skills demonstration
Registration closes 7/30/21 at 12pm
For AHCA members please select INVOICE when registering for this session. For non-members please select CREDIT CARD and process payment for this session. There is a 6% credit card processing fee for all credit card transactions. Please contact email@example.com if you're a non-member and want to pay for the class by check to avoid credit card processing fees. If you pay by check, do not include the "fee" listed below subtotal - this is for credit card processing only.
No refunds will be made for this session. The one exception is if surveyors are in the building.